Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Excuses Exschmuses

I should be in bed by now instead of blogging. After all, I have to get up at the butt-crack-of-dawn. My truck is in the shop and Patty is tired of loaning me her car. So here, in the middle of Bike-To-Work-Week, I'm forced to ride. Forced??? Jeez. What has become of me?

It's just that it's 17 miles one way. And the weather's gross and getting grosser. And I'm too busy to deal with all the preparation. And work is sucking the life out of me. Excuses exschmuses.

I'm obviously in a bike rut. But tomorrow morning, my situation will force me to break out. I don't have any idea if these circumstances are pure coincidence or if I somehow have something to do with leaving myself no choice but to pedal.

The only thing that's for sure is that I'll be back in the saddle. And that adventure will be mine.

2 comments:

Hank Greer said...

Stuck in a rut, eh? Instead of thinking of it as miles, think of your commute as your time alone to think up cool stuff. Like getting a picture of you on your 29'er rolling on studded tires. The caption: In yer bike lane. Makin' rutz.

lazyeye said...

Everyone gets in that rut from time to time. You will definitely feel more alive, and manly, come 5pm.