Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Apprenticing

The Eberlizer was here one night last week and Justin tonight, for the same reason:  To learn the basics of rack-building. This first part is just about doing test pieces - nothing for real yet. But they both got to leave knowing they had just f'ing joined steel. Hell yeah. It's a supremely rad, master-of-the-universe type feeling, if you've never done it before.


I've shown guys this stuff a few times now, and every time it totally makes me remember and appreciate my own apprenticeship with Alex. I came away so jacked that I spent the whole damn winter in the garage making racks and learning hard lessons by the light of midnight oil.  It was fabulous.

Anyway, Jon and Justin now have the basic skills along with very solid, cool plans. Things will begin to take place shortly, and of course you can count on me to blab all the hell about it.

No comments: