I'd indicated earlier that I intended to screw around and experiment with the slimed tubes that went through flatstravaganza and I did dink with them for a while to see if I could get them to seal up, but life is short and there is much competition for too little precious time and I got done looking at them. They had signed up to be tissue donors though, so I extracted some flesh before I heartlessly dumped them into a mess of a mass in the curbside container.
My iphone's interpretation of the inside of a slimed 26 x 4.0 tube. Other-worldy, I know. Something Jules Verne would be all about investigating.
The pile of donated tissue. I keep remnants of different tubes around and use them for different things, but primarily, for making rubber bands. I just bumped the size range considerably on the top end of my rubber band factory's capability. Exciting stuff. Along with some salvaged valve stems for which I have the makings of a plan.
This was the first time I'd tried Slime and I'd read gobs of online testimonials purporting its magicality and so maybe my expectations were too high. I certainly subjected it to the worst conceivable test.
On the other hand, it was a golden opportunity to prove itself as a wonder-healer of all manner of massive flat attack, but it backed away from the challenge.
I guess the bottom line for me is that I'm not all that impressed. It's possible that it may have sealed a puncture or two that I don't know about and saved me from a repair stop, but ultimately it didn't provide the solution that I hoped it would, and in the meantime, it added a bunch of weight.
It's possible that I'll experiment with Slime at some point in the future, but not anytime soon. What I have been spending time reading about and that has my full attention and hopefulness is a tubeless solution, so that's probably what I'll be playing with next.