Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dog Is My Co-Pilot

If you go to yard sales looking for some particular item, you're most likely setting yourself up for a big disappointment. Yard sales are more about opportunity. And surprises.

And yet last week, I set out hoping against hope to find one thing in particular: A plastic box.

And on the very last stop, I scored. 3 bucks. Sweet!



The ride home was truly jubilant.

But having a box and using it are two different things. I knew we would have to take things slow. And that snacks would have to be involved. We started with the basics:



And then we took it to the next level:



That is one nervous dog. I was starting to think she was too freaked and that it would never happen, but then a few nights ago we took our first short ride. She was showered with praise and "Pup-Peroni" snacks.



Now it's like we were born to ride.



Oh the adventures we will have!

If you drive a sub-compact drop-kick, just throw it in your back pack. It's always yapping anyway, so you might as well give it something to yap about.

And if you drive a large-breed SUV, a trailer is probably your best bet. Or maybe it will just have to stay while you go.

But if you drive a mid-size American-made mangy mutt, an Xtra and a big plastic tub are your ticket to the good life.

**************************************************

In other news, there's a fab new candidate for the Spokane City Council. Check out the sidebar. This ROCKS.

5 comments:

Alan said...

Pat: This is just plain awesome! When do you find time to do this stuff?! You're stinkin' hilarious!

Question: I've got the SUV breed (103 pounds). Do you think my circa-1995 steel framed Bridgestone City Limit could handle the weight? Or maybe a better question would be, Could I handle the weight?

Jacque Hendrix said...

I would never have guessed that you were getting the bin for the dawg. How fun!

I must have just missed you at the Jon Snyder for Council thing. Bummer.

Pat S said...

Alan, my 35-pound-hound is about all I can handle. Good luck with your 103. I'm thinking one wag of the tail could put you into the curb. ;-)

Jacque, sorry I missed you last night. Lots of excitement around Jon's campaign!

Hank Greer said...

Too awesome, Pat! I'm guessing there was a lot more work involved than that shown on the video.

Are you wrestling with the bike much with all that weight on one side?

Pat S said...

Hank, the only thing I'm wrestling with is my dog. I've tried to glamorize it, but truth be told, she's not crazy about this whole deal. Negotiations are ongoing.