Friday, June 19, 2009

Nature. Umm, WOW!!!

As I write, we're in the midst of a most rad thunderstorm. I'm soaked to the bone because I went out for like 2 seconds. Lighting struck seriously close and I have a metallic taste in my mouth and new cracks in the foundation. Cool.

I tried to take a pic - this is the lame reflection of the flash off of the raindrops.



I finally got a clue and turned the flash off. Best I could do:



I know, I know. This is a bike blog and not the national weather service. Bear with me.

While I'm standing out there getting soaked, somebody rides by! Righteous!!! Hopefully they're home safe by now, drip-drying and talking about their grand adventure to anyone who will listen.

3 comments:

Jacque Hendrix said...

I *knew* I should have stopped for a towel and a beer!

Actually, it wasn't me but I did get caught in the afternoon one during a ride home from the valley.

FBC Spokane said...

I was stuck out there, but I don't know if I passed your house or not. Had to ditch the glasses and couldn't really tell where I was.

Schrauf said...

I WISH I had been on a bike. Instead I was camping at Bowl and Pitcher. It is always a bad sign when you get out of the tent in the morning and there are ripple marks throughout the entire campsite.