Sunday, July 26, 2009

Finding Your Way In The Dark

If I was doing the Midnight Century, I'd be comforted in the knowledge that there's some good places on the side of the road to sit down if you get lost and sleepy.



On the not-so-happy side, you could get eaten by wolves.



If I was doing it, I'd wanna know generally what direction to pedal towards as the pee was running down my leg.

Here's David Blaine's original map:

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Here's my re-do that takes advantage of the fabulous auto-follow and auto-cue capabilites of the new & improved mapmyride, but only between stateline and the FLT trailhead, because I'm too lazy and impatient to map the FLT and CT.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Electronic gizmos are swell and all, but paper rocks when the chips are down. I've put together a pdf map just as if I was doing the ride. It's 10 pages long but if you print it on both sides you can knock it down to 5 and shove it in your back pocket so you have half a chance at saving your sorry ass at 4am in the middle of no-effing-where. If you want it, let me know and I'll email you a copy. If you print it on an inkjet and your butt sweats all over it, you get what you deserve.

No comments: