Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I've Been Wondering

How much does it weigh?

1 @ 1.5 l = 51 oz
3 @ 24 oz = 72 oz
1 @ 22 oz = 22 oz (slightly shorter bottle fits under the downtube without rubbing on the front tire)

So 145 oz = 1.13 gal x 8.4 lb/gal = 9.5 lbs.

The nice thing is, you get lighter as you go.

Wow. So I could start out hydrated and take in almost 10 lbs of water and end up dehydrated, which could account for another 5-10 lbs.

That means I could sweat and/or pee 15-20 lbs of water between midnight and 8 am. Probably not, because it won't be that hot. But still. It's possible. That would be so righteous. A custom, commemorative t-shirt would be in order. Just kicking around some ideas:

"I Lost 20 Lbs Before You Even Got Out Of Bed"

"My Sweat Weighs More Than Your Baby"

"Got Water?"

3 comments:

Hank said...

Here's one:

"I slept through the night like a normal person."

Oh, snap! :-)

I wish you and the other riders the best of luck. And more importantly, have fun.

13-b122 said...

My vote is for "my sweat weighs more than your baby"

That is the coolest thing I've heard in a while!

Alan said...

This is genius. I'm game if you're game. Let's set a night, chug-a-lug, and let the games begin!