Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I've Been Wondering

How much does it weigh?

1 @ 1.5 l = 51 oz
3 @ 24 oz = 72 oz
1 @ 22 oz = 22 oz (slightly shorter bottle fits under the downtube without rubbing on the front tire)

So 145 oz = 1.13 gal x 8.4 lb/gal = 9.5 lbs.

The nice thing is, you get lighter as you go.

Wow. So I could start out hydrated and take in almost 10 lbs of water and end up dehydrated, which could account for another 5-10 lbs.

That means I could sweat and/or pee 15-20 lbs of water between midnight and 8 am. Probably not, because it won't be that hot. But still. It's possible. That would be so righteous. A custom, commemorative t-shirt would be in order. Just kicking around some ideas:

"I Lost 20 Lbs Before You Even Got Out Of Bed"

"My Sweat Weighs More Than Your Baby"

"Got Water?"

3 comments:

Hank Greer said...

Here's one:

"I slept through the night like a normal person."

Oh, snap! :-)

I wish you and the other riders the best of luck. And more importantly, have fun.

Anonymous said...

My vote is for "my sweat weighs more than your baby"

That is the coolest thing I've heard in a while!

Alan said...

This is genius. I'm game if you're game. Let's set a night, chug-a-lug, and let the games begin!