Thursday, August 20, 2009

Toonin for the Re-Union

The annual family reunion is comin' right up. Last year we introduced bikes and it was a hit. This year, I don't want to be presumptuous or assumptuous or expectational - I just want to plant some fun and functional bikes amidst the fam and see what happens.

Maybe last year was a one-and-done. But just in case it wasn't, I'd like to add a third bike this year and maybe my bike freak nephew Eli might bring one of his, which would make four. We could almost have the makings of a family biker gang.

So anyways, along with a bunch of other stuff, these latest days have been about getting the right equipment configured and adjusted and lubed. Can't wait to see what happens.

Tonight I got some un-loved bikes ready for some hopefully major love and also got ready to haul them into the love zone.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like fairly typical behaviour from a bike fanatic. Often, while I'm wiping off some grease, changing handlebar tape, and weighing the pros and cons of 23C tires versus 25C tires, Jen's hard at work packing the important stuff: toiletries, clothes, food. But there I stand in my basement, in a one-man world of "There's gonna be some sweet riding out there!" Good thing I'm married or else I'd end up on vacation with pile of bike gear, but no plane ticket, sunscreen, or hotel...

Pat S said...

"...a pile of bike gear, but no plane ticket, sunscreen, or hotel..."

Sounds an awful lot like our California trip, actually. (Not that we needed sunscreen.)