Sunday, November 2, 2008

Monkey Business

It's been a busy week and as it's progressed, my mood has become more and more foul. Not because of the busy-ness, but because I have a new bike sitting in the basement and the busy business is keeping me away from it. Tonight, I finally got some relief. The girls sat down to watch a movie and I took the opportunity to sneak away and caress my monkey.

HEY! HEY!!! YOU ARE SO TWISTED! YOUR SICK THOUGHTS ARE TOTALLY ON YOU, SO DON'T BLAME ME!!

What I am trying to tell you, if you would pull your head out of the gutter, is that I finally got to spend some time working on my new Karate Monkey.

I've had a hard time figuring out what saddle to put on this bike. I have a few stashed in my saddle box, but nothing was even close to being right for this bike. I've wanted to try a Brooks for a while, but this is not the bike. What I've been reading about and wanting to try is a WTB. They have about a thousand different models, but I zeroed in on one called the Pure V Pro. It had to look right and ultimately, it has to feel right. It's finally in hand and on the bike. I think it looks pretty good. How does it feel? Only time will tell. I'm only too happy to throw a few more bucks into the bottomless saddle money pit.

No comments: