Thursday, July 3, 2008

It Ain't Easy Bein' Green

Last night I got all wound up and wrote a diatribe that I posted and then woke up early this morning thinking about and retracted because it was all wrong. The absolute last thing I want to be is angry blog guy.

But I still need to say something and it's all about the fact that from Madison Ave down to every small time operator, the whole country has scammed onto 'green' overnight and it's now so diluted and corrupted. It was a cool word and I'll miss it. Long live "green".

But whatever has happened to the word doesn't matter. The ideal is unaffected and the smart, forward-thinking people that are all about the environment and sustainability are the people that I admire and pay attention to and endeavor to align myself with. They are so far out in front of the pop culture curve that it's not even funny.

We have some profoundly serious challenges, but I'm adopting Kermit's approach . . . a happy song about a not-so-great problem.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

No comments: