Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dopey Boy

I love cable ties and tape of all kinds (I prefer duct and electrical and strapping, but all tape is good). Always have, always will. Because cable ties and tape solve a lot of problems, even if only temporarily.

Trouble is, if you're not even qualified to use them, they can create a lot of problems, even if only temporarily.

Case in point?

The AV came with an aluminum stay protector that I thought was cool, in a doting, motherly way. It was falling off, so I secured it with a couple of cable ties until I could do a better fix. Naturally. Then the cable ties started working their way down the tapered stay, so I put a couple wraps of electrical tape around the cable ties until I could do a better fix. Naturally.

The dang trouble are, if you's to tape up the cable, the blasted SOB don't shift too good no more. (That was my best attempt at a down-south accent, sorry).



It's obviously time to do some sort of personal evaluation, but I think instead I'll just take the 'glass is half full' aproach on this one. Hundreds of thousands of people across the country today will realize significant performance improvements to their cars after spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars at repair shops. My improvement will be significanter, and won't cost a dime.

No comments: