Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Worst Winter Cycling Gloves Ever

The "experimental phase". For many, it involves a late night college study session, too much caffeine, and a member of the opposite sex. For other, it's spring break at Ft Lauderdale, too much alcohol, a member of the same sex, and a sleezy millionaire with a video camera.

After all these year of dreaming and waiting, my experimental phase finally happened last winter, and it would put you right to sleep. It was all about winter cycling gloves, and I went a little crazy. There are no emotional scars, but here's the material aftermath:



They say that the human mind can't remember pain over time. So apparently, that's why I forgot how much I hated my Planet Bike Borealis gloves last year. And it might explain why I thought it was such a great idea to go ride with them tonight.



The Planet Bike Superflash blinkie is the bomb. It makes me want to love all things PB. But tonight I hate those damn gloves worse than ever and the switch on my PB 1W headlight quit working, so I had to take the batteries out to shut it off. But their marketing rules, so I'll probably keep buying their krap.

Anyway, I want these gloves gone. They cost me $35 + shipping. First person that puts ten bucks in my pocket walks away with a fabulous pair of slightly used gloves and an opportunity to prove that I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Or, they'd make an excellent Christmas present for someone you don't like.

7 comments:

Not said...

The Planet Bike 1W Blaze is a great blinky headlight. See if they'll warranty it, they seem to be very good about that.
- Ventura

Alan said...

You have a weird sales technique. But, oddly, I'm looking in my wallet right now...

Steve said...

I'm counting on you to keep working on the glove situation. I have full fingered gloves that are good down to about 45 degrees (PI Cyclones) then I have a pair of lobster types that are too hot until the temps get down below 30 (PI Barrier Lobsters), I have been using an old padded Goretex ski-type glove in the middle but they aren't great and cannot be removed because the liner pulls into the glove. What can we do? Cheers and Merry Christmas, Steve.

Pat S said...

Ventura, I'll definitely be sending it to PB to see if they'll warranty it. Trouble is, the problem only exists when it's really cold. Works fine at anything close to "normal" temperatures. Something in the switch mechanism apparently contracts a little too much or something. It'll be just like bringing your car to the mechanic and the noise disppears.

Alan, yeah, the old reverse psychology sales tactic. If that doesn't work, I'm trying hypnosis.

Steve, the thing with the liner pulling out drives me nuts. Not so much that it pulls out, but that you can't get it back in again. We'll just have to keep experimenting . . .

thomas john said...

Really very interesting and very valuable information about the Cycling Gloves nice work.

Cycling Gloves

Anonymous said...

Crafted out of extra layered knitted design to give working hands long-lasting support and flexibility. custom mittens

Wickedstock said...

Nice collection of all gloves. Thanks for share this.

men leather motorcycle pants