Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stupid Shit

Work is crushing me at the moment and I've no leftover energy to ride, and therefore not much bikey to blog about. But I know how short your attention span is, and despite our differences, I'm feeling the pressure to not lose you. Easing that pressure, fortunately, knowing you as I do, is the understanding that it doesn't take much to stimulate you. Read on then, and be captured.

Right after I got my new camera, I took these two shell-dump pics during a ride on the FLT, right next to Queen Lucas Lake. Not bad for a waterproof, shockproof jobber, if I do say so.



On the same ride, I think, here's Patty, going through the tunnel, maybe just after the douchebag vandals hit the mural.  I could be wrong, feel free to correct me.

Peekin' the new cam through a gap in fence on the bridge o'er I-90
This next one is a point-and-shoot pic of a poster that Jacque gave me that hangs on a wall in the basement.  The krappiness of the image doesn't capture it very well, but smartest guy in the history of the world, smiling crazily.  On a bike.  I rest my bike blog case.


Like a lotta people, I've gone to the liquor store to get righteous, heavy-duty moving boxes.  Like a lotta people, I've had shit stored in those same boxes for years. Like probably not a lotta people, I just got around to appreciating one of them last winter, one night while I was rack-building.  I'm not much of a hard-liquor guy, but I can't help but admire the golden age of advertising.



That should hold you for a while, then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love your writing. And by "we" I mean "I." 26inch is soothing like a bump of Canadian Club.

Wouldn't "Damn Right Your Dad Rode It" be a good pro-bike campaign?

People talk like bikes were invented yesterday, but we were on the streets before cars. Lots of pictures.

Pat S said...

"Wouldn't "Damn Right Your Dad Rode It" be a good pro-bike campaign?"

Word. My dad was bike commuting in the 70's, before anyone even knew what the hell it was.